Do i need a video production company
Does my business really need a video production company? That’s the question many businesses face when contemplating videos, whether they are informative videos or marketing videos, or as it typically ends up, a mixture of both. Many businesses feel that they don’t need marketing videos, while many others feel that they can simply create their own. In this article, we will take a look at the most common reasons that companies believe they don’t need video production, and whether video production can help businesses achieve higher sales through the use of professional marketing videos.
“I can make my own video”
Many businesses believe they can create their own marketing videos in order to save on costs. In some instances, if the company has employed a skilled marketing professional, this can be true. However, in most cases, a professionally-made video will have a higher response rate than a “homemade” video. This is due to several factors, including the mistakes that a non-professional will typically make, and the experience that a marketing professional will bring the company.
Here are some of the mistakes many businesses make when they make their own videos:
- Too much content, or too long
- Too technical
- Ineffective pitches
- Poor background or lighting
- Bad acting or speaking qualities
- Poor transitions
“I don’t really need video production”
Many companies believe they do not need video production or marketing videos at all. Not taking advantage of the benefits of the internet and television could cost a lot of money in list sales. Studies show that 21% of the internet video viewers make an online purchase. This provides an advantage over competitors that do not use video marketing to enhance their sales.
Here are ten reasons how your business could benefit from a video:
- Increased conversion rates
- Clarifying the objective of your product or service
- Rank higher in search engine results
- Grab viewer attention
- Increased web traffic
- Videos can be easily shared across multiple platforms
- Demonstrate your personality
- Liven up your pitch
- Generate increased interest
- Help audience retain information
“It won’t pay off in the end”
The companies that believe video production won’t pay off in the end typically have not done enough research to see the value and benefits that video production will bring them. 75% of viewers visit the marketer’s website after viewing the video. This in itself is enough to safely say that an increase in visitors is imminent. Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product after watching a video. A professional marketing video can help your company see these same types of results.
“So how can a video production company help me market my business?”
A video production company can help you in many ways, but it depends on several factors including the industry your company is in, your budget, and other factors. Here are some of the most common ways that video production can help you achieve (or exceed) your goals.
- Testimonials: A video featuring testimonials from your customers is a great way to show your viewers that your product or service has helped many others.
- Website Intro: Many visitors that land on a web page will leave if something does not grab their attention. A video will help increase the time they spend on the site, while showing them the benefits of your product or service.
- Vlog: Your company blog can consist of a vlog (video blog), which features videos as well as articles. A mixture of articles and videos can actually be extremely productive to grab viewers’ attention, and keep them coming back for more.
- Press: Videos can be used for press releases as well, although short, and straight-to-the-point videos are best for this type of visual marketing.
- Emails: Marketing emails are one of the top methods of success with internet marketing. Videos are even better. Studies have shown that people will spend more time watching an interesting, engaging video, than they will reading long, drawn-out text.
- Tutorials: Tutorials, such as “how-to articles” and “top ten articles,” are a great form of marketing, as the company is able to provide the viewers with information (people love to learn) while pitching the product or service to them at the same time.
- Commercials: The top marketing method for companies is commercials. By reaching people on an emotional level, a commercial offers the ability to engage with people and make them want to buy the product, even if they don’t need it.
There are numerous additional methods that video production companies use to help companies increase their visitors, exposure and sales, as well as creating new and repeat customers. A well-researched plan of video production should be utilized. This should include a look at general video conversion statistics and data, as well as competitor videos, and how they have helped those companies. Only then should you make the decision whether to use video production for your company.
There is no denying the benefits that video production can bring to a company. A competent video production company will create killer videos that allow your visitors to have the visual experience of their lives while persuading them to purchase your products or service.
Contact us today to discuss your next video.